Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Get the Look: Kim Kardashian's Wedding Lip Color (it's drugstore!)

First of all, yes, I did search what KK used on her wedding day. It's a shameless admission of my taste in entertainment, specifically reality TV. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, the title here pretty much sums up the entire post.

Get KimYe's wedding lip look. And yes, it's by L'Oreal. At first, I thought that was an ad plug when they said Kimye used L'Oreal. Aw naw she didn. I was convinced she would only use 2 day-old baby rosebuds from Egypt ground into a fine paste and flaked with edible gold or something ridiculously exclusive. But, she actually did use a drugstore find! And of course I  hopped in my car and puttered straight to Walgreens to buy it... and lo and behold! Two for one on that lip color. PFJ (prize from Jesus)!



Kim used L'Oreal's Extraordinaire Color Riche in Nude Ballet (601). I highly recommend this nude because it's one of the few nudes that doesn't make you look dead. You know what I'm talking about? The chalky/pale nude that makes your lips look lifeless? This doesn't do that. It has just enough color to give a natural warmth but is great if you just want a subtle lip color to pair with a bolder eye look-- it's a smokey eye's best friend. I love doing a navy smokey eye in the summer. It's a little less harsh than it's black counterpart.

I would definitely call this a gloss over a lipstick. It's SUPER hydrating. To the point that it works just as well as some of my lip balms. The downside is, you definitely reapply more than a lipstick. So, I am a bit suspicious that this isn't the only thing she wore. There had to be liner or lipstick under there because no bride wants to be worried about reapplying lip color-- even if you're Kimye. I also bought it in Rose Melody. It's a pretty, very soft, Bobbi Brown-esque sheer pink lip color. Great for fresh-scrubbed, every day look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment