Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Color Crush: Cobalt Makeup

I was cleaning out my makeup bag-- we're talking stuff from circa 2009 still in there-- and I came across a Rimmel eye liner that had to be in the clearance bin at Walgreens. I didn't even know that I owned the thing. But much to my surprise, it was this wonderful, rich, bright cobalt blue. I like to think of it as a neon navy. One of my favorite summer nail colors has been this great blue from Essie called "Butler, Please." It's a clear blue. I don't know if that makes sense-- because it's definitely an opaque shade, but there's no muddiness in the color. I don't love dark colors in the summer, so this is my version of a warm weather alternative to navy. And the liner turned out to be just the same! This wonderful, clear, bright blue. One day, I smudged it with a little black for a soft, summery navy. And another day, I dipped it a wet liner brush in a bright blue shadow and lined it on top of the pencil for a super-saturated look. Obsessed! Here are some good cobalt pics for a little inspo. Definitely want to try some cobalt mascara too.


Cobalt liquid liner would be insane because it's the best way to get the most pigmented color, rather than a shadow or pencil liner.


Butler Please. My go-to summer blue. 



This is a slightly darker, more subtle version of the liquid liner. Great for fall.


Love this as a work day look, even for night. Line the lower lids for night and lightly smudge with your finger, a q-tip, or brush to give a slightly smokey look. I like that it's not too perfect. And it makes brown eyes POP! Awesome for blue eyes too.


Love this shadow combo! Just barely taken up into the crease and faded out with a shimmery gold champagne. Dewy, nude lips and cheeks don't overwhelm the look.


Great mascara! And if the look is a little too much, just to the upper, outer corner lashes.


Cobalt mascara take 2.


I love this for everyday. If you want more than just your standard, 5 minute face, add a pop of bright liner just on the lower lashes to jazz up your normal look with little effort or skill.

Cobalt Products I Love:

Lime Crime Lazuli Liquid Liner


Laura Mercier Creme Eyeliner in Cobalt

Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner in Cobalt
*Disclaimer: I have personally used this stuff when I was testing products for a waterproof makeup story and this stuff doesn't BUDGE. It ain't goin anywhere. Perfect for beach makeup, outdoor weddings, or looking sweaty chic at the gym. 


MAC Atlantic Blue Shadow

Essie Nail Laquer in Butler Please 

Diorshow Mascara in Catwalk Blue





No comments:

Post a Comment