Friday, August 1, 2014

Weekend Treat: Dip Dyed Mallows and 10-Minute Mini S'more Pies

I was browsing my blog feed and came across the cutest snack/party idea: DIY Pink Dip-Dyed Marshmallows. Admittedly, it was intended for a kid's birthday party but I think it works just as well for the old folks. But I read the DIY and it's super easy. And to top it all off, last night when I was scrolling through Instagram I came across these mini S'more pies from DOUGHMESTIC HOUSEWIFE (aka Cookie Master Artist) that take 10 minutes (holy dangerous late-night snack) to make. Thank God I didn't know about microwave mug cakes in college because the Freshman 15 would have easily been pushing 30 by the end of the year. 



Dip-Dyed Marshmallows

1 cup of water

neon food coloring tubes (I used pink and purple)

mega marshmallows (found these big ones at Walmart)

To the water add several drops of food coloring (about 10 drops depending on the brightness you want). Mix food coloring. Gently and holding the marshmallow, drop it into the dye mixture. I dropped each sort of a different way each time to get them looking a bit different.  Let dry on a cooling rack for several hours. 





10 MINUTE S'MORE PIES

photo from The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen

Graham Cracker S’More Cups – Doughmestic Housewife (If you don't follow her yet, do it. She's the Michelangelo of sugar cookies.) 
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
1/3 C sugar
6 T butter, softened
Milk Chocolate Pieces (you can do semi sweet or dark, or even peanut butter, how good would that be?)
Mini Marshmallows
(if you don't want to make graham cracker crust, you can buy pre-made minis at the store)
Mix crust ingredients and press into greased mini muffin pan. Press firmly to form a cup shape. Cook at 375 for 6 minutes. Add mini marshmallows (I only had big) and milk chocolate pieces and cook a bit longer until toppings start to melt. Remove from oven and let cups cook to warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment