Thursday, August 21, 2014

Aw Naw They Didn'... Maybelline shows YSL What's Up

In my younger, less wiser years, I was a department store makeup buyer. If it wasn't from a department store, then I didn't want anything to do with it. These lips were made for Chanel. These eyes? Dior. This face? Armani. But in my older, wiser, and far more budget-friendly days, I have become a resourceful animal-- like a wild chetah, carefully hunting her next purchase, hungry and on the prowl for a good product that works just as well as my overpriced, fair-weathered friends at the department store counters.

I was on a late-night hunt, scouring the sahara of Walgreens and all of sudden I realized I was staring at Maybelline's Dream LumiTouch, a $7.99 knock off of one of my favorite department store splurges, YSL's Touche Eclat (notice that Maybelline used "Touch" in the name? They are throwing down) that runs $41 a pop. Add. to. cart.

This baby did not disappoint. Maybelline markets DLT as a concealer but it's really a highlighter/brightener. And just like YSL, it's in a pen for precise application. I use it in a number of ways. For everyday makeup, I don't wear lots of foundation. Usually just a tinted moisturizer. So the LumiTouch is great because I'll add a quick swipe under my eyes, on the tops of my brow bones and cheek bones for a sheer highlighter. Buy it one to two shades lighter than your skin tone for extra light-reflecting. I'll always love my YSL Touche Eclat, but I'm glad to have Dream LumiTouch in my arsenal for only $8 bucks.  Here's a good before/after that CORALLISTA did.



Maybelline Dream LumiTouch, $8; maybelline.com

YSL Touche Eclat, $41; sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment