Thursday, June 19, 2014

Best of the Web: Espadrilles

When it comes to doing market work for magazines, sometimes they'll ask you to give them multiple story pitches (aka, the most intense form of web shopping/stalking imaginable). It's not for the faint of heart. Have you ever pilfered through Etsy in search of one, JUST ONE, handmade item from West Virginia that is actually cool? I have. And it's virtually impossible. I will say, West Virginia produces a large crop of crotched pot holders. And other flat crotched items... door mats, pot trivets, "decorative" wall hangings. Use your imagination. So if you're ever in the market for that, West Virginian Etsy shops are your ticket.

Recently, a magazine asked me to pitch them two different trends and they were going to pick their favorite of the two roundups: espadrilles and circle skirts. Circle skirts won (check out the August issue of Country Living!) and espadrilles got the chopping block. I hated to see all of these cute, summery flats go to waste, so I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you. Espadrilles are huge in my book for two reasons: 1) they're classic but not too stuffy 2) they're cheap. Most of the time, you're looking at $45-$120. If it's a higher end designer, $300. Still doable.






1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16 // 17 

No comments:

Post a Comment