Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fairy Dust: Every Girls Fantasy

We've all gone through the phase at one point in life or another (I, in fact, have remained in the phase). You know what I'm talking about, the fairy obsession phase. Growing up, my mom told me that the mushrooms that sprouted from the ground after it rained were fairy umbrellas so the fairies could stay dry at night. Even today, I refuse to kick over a random yard mushroom because I know there is a fairy somewhere watching who needs their umbrella. I think it's time to bring a little sophisti-fairy into my beauty routine.

And no, not a pixie cut. Hell no. Pixie dust. For my eyes. Duh. Found this picture of Diana Agron and she perfectly captures what I'm talking about. A hint of glint. Paired with a simple, rich black liquid eyeliner and a natural cheek and lip. Tinkerbell would be jealous. Sorry, Tink.



all photos courtesy of glamour.com

Close


Closer


Closest

Glitter Guide:

The steps for applying glitter shadow are fairly simple (FYI, this technique is also great with darker shadows, especially a smokey eye, that tend to fleck on your cheeks).

1. Dampen a flat eyeshadow brush. Dip in glitter. Tap off excess. And press onto lid. Make sure to have a tissue under your lower lashes to catch stray glitter (or dark shadow) so you don't end up with bedazzled cheeks. 

2. Dampen a small angle eyeliner brush. Dip in glitter. Tap off excess. Dot along the inner first half of your lower lash line, while still using the tissue to catch excess.


2. Apply liquid liner. Two thick coats of mascara. A little mascara on lower lashes. Done and done.

My pixie dust pick:

Make Up For Ever Eye Glitter, $14; sephora.com

This comes in a rainbow of shades. I also love the Metallic Tan and Black. 
Black would be so hot if you layered over liquid liner for a kick or in your crease
for a sparkly smokey eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment