Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What Was Sista Thinking? Wednesday

Exterminate Extensions



For the longest time I have been dying, I mean dying, to get hair extensions. Until I realized they came with an $800 price tag. Holy moly! So I marched myself to Sally's and got a weave. That's right. A weave. I even did the black girl pat. You know, when your weave starts hurting and you have to pat on it. No bueno. This just simply goes to show that even the best of us have a few beauty blunders under our belt (in my defense, I only wore it in an up-do sort of fashion to give me extra volume-- never in the flowing mane type of manner).

Not to go on a roll here, but I have seen multiple purchases that I have made also in the homes of... guess... No, not Jennifer Anniston. Or Beyonce (I wish!)... You'll never guess. The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Yes, I've spotted a similar weave and some Jessica Simpson hooker heels that currently reside under my roof and theirs. Warning sign?

Cutting to the chase. Here are reasons why no one should be doing extensions. Granted, there are some cases where they work, but here's what you need to watch out for before you make that $800 investment:

Miley Cyrus
Girlfriend, we have long since left Rapunzel territory.

Lindsay Lohan
I have to remind myself that this is coming from her head and not her armpits.

Dancing With the Stars Hair Piece
You too can look like an over-tanned, over-processed, over-bedazzled wonder woman with the Salsaloosa: Dancing with the Stars new hair piece collection. 
Courtesy of DWTS Hair Collection
Here she is in all of her glory: Salsaloosa.


Woops! Unfortunately, that's real.




No comments:

Post a Comment