Friday, July 22, 2011

Feast Your Eyes On This, Friday


The Epitome of Chic

I'm baaack! Miami was fabulous. I left with lots of inspiration that I can't wait to share with all of you. The other thing I left was a stalker. Apparently Roberto, my cabana man, isn't as nice as he seemed. Enough with the drama. Who's ready for a little feasty Friday! I know I am.

When I saw this picture a year ago, I literally melted. I've been saving it since I started my blog and now seems to be the perfect time to share. Along with a little "get the look" tutorial. Because, really, who wouldn't want to channel her?

Gordon Parks for Life
Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Cosmic Raspberry, $23; bobbibrown.com
Tips to get the maximum pigment out of a rich-hued lipstick:
  1. Exfoliate your lips. Lorac has a great lip sugar scrub that moisturizes while smoothing.
  2. Pat a translucent powder on lips for extra holding power.
  3. Apply lipstick. Blot. Reapply. For a more matte look, blot again.

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color in Pulsion;, $25; nordstrom.com

Tips for a pro-worthy mani:
  1. Swipe a cotton pad soaked in rubbing alcohol over nails to soak up excess moisture. It bonds the polish to nails for a longer-lasting mani. 
  2. Dip a cheap angle makeup brush ( I like the kind a CVS) into nail polish remover. Trace around the the out of nails to clean up any mistakes.

Bon weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment