Friday, May 31, 2013

Bon Weekend! Happy Travels

I was perusing the web today and one of my new favorite sites, Mr. and Mrs. H (think travel site with everything from the lowdown on great boutique hotels to the best undiscovered seafood dives), posted this nostalgic photo of flight attendants in the Pan Am heyday.

I guarantee you got at least 3 carry-ons: purse, carry on, and hatbox (totally essential)

If you've seen my earlier posts, you know I have a thing for all things vintage and all things nostalgic. Mad Men definitely burst my 'peachy-keen view of the 60s' bubble. Not to worry. Google image to the rescue! I know it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, but something was right back then. For starters, airports were actually glamorous. And you didn't have to put lipstick in sandwich baggie. Or worry if you'd get gonorrhea from sitting on the toilet. And toddlers didn't get frisked at security because their teddy bear was "suspicious."

Love the matchy pose and wave. I think I should bring it back.
Standing on the wings? TSA would freak. That's borderline Osama behavior.

I love the girl in the back. Not afraid of an unnecessary hand flourish.

J'adore the heart-shaped fascinators. After all, they were flying on the wings of love. (Cheesy,  but too good to pass up)
These girls new the art of the lingering foot tilt.

I wonder which women's group would complain first about " female exploitation" because of the uniforms?
If they didn't like those, they would FREAK over these. Compliments of Southwest airlines....
I'd way rather wear that than their current ensemble of khaki pants and a blue polo.

They invented saying "my pleasure." Chick-fil-A copied them.

Now that's what I call a uniform heel.

Bon weekend and safe travels wherever your weekend adventures may take you!








No comments:

Post a Comment