Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What Was Sista Thinking? Wednesday

Trendy Trashy: Neon Nausea



I realize it is unwise to take on controversial topics like abortion, gay marriage, tanning beds, and neon nail polish in my infancy stage of bloggerhood. I almost chose a different topic. But then I thought, this is the Blog o' Brad and I get to say whatever I want. Here is my beef with neon nail polish. It got its first big break in trailer parks and for some reason the fashion gods decided it would be good to share the love with runways round the world.  You say to yourself, "But Brad, tons of cool celebs wear neon nail polish. Who do you think you are?" 

Gwennie
RiRi
Kardashian Sisters
Katy P
You use Katy Perry as an arguing point for taste and sophistication? Trend setter, I'll give you that. But here are a few of her other nail mishaps: 

Sushi Nails.
Hmmm... I'm a little hungry. Not to worry, I think I still have some tuna left on my pinky.

Family Tree...Phalanges Style
No more cell phone reminders to tune into the royal wedding. Paint it on the fings instead. Much more festive! 

Oompas
To curb chocolate cravings.

Rainbow Bright
I have a confession. I actually like these. But way too close to a candy necklace. How could you resist not eating a few?

Just. Say. No. 
Some trends are not meant for you or me. Leave it to Gaga and Katy P to do the dirty for us. What are your thoughts on neon nails?


2 comments:

  1. I read the post this is am & then went to class and out of the corner of my eye i caught a glimpse of one of my classmates with NEON nail polish. I just about died!! I wanted to point it out to someone in class but there was not a PLU in sight who I could share the humor with....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens in the trailer park should stay in the trailer park...

    ReplyDelete