Thursday, September 18, 2014

TBT: Why I'm In Love with The Limited. It's Scandalous.



I vividly remember going to North Carolina right after Christmas. I had packed my brand new Nike duffel, which I was so proud of because I knew I had just secured some major cool points, with all of my new sweaters from Limited Too-- most had some type of flammable fur trim or a zipper accent-- along with piece de resistance, acid green plaid pants. I. Was. Killing. It. Then, then unthinkable happened. My carefully packed Nike duffel, filled with precious garment cargo fresh off Santa's sleigh, flew off the back of dad's truck and I watched as each of my day-old presents were mauled on the Interstate by an army of 18-wheelers. Since that day, I never shopped at The Limited. Until now.



One more story. Bear with me. Last Saturday was overcast, and for the first time in a long time, cold. What's a girl to do on a cold, overcast Saturday when all of your friends are watching football games you don't care about? Netflix and Thai takeout! Everyone I know can't stop talking about how obsessed they are with Scandal. I'd never seen the show so I decided to watch it. WARNING: Do not watch unless you want a new TV obsession. I burned through Season 1 that day and am now midway through Season 2. Carrie Washington is my new girl crush and I wish I could be Olivia Pope. I may not be able to be Olivia, but now, thanks to The Limited, I can dress like her. Never on a TV show has someone looked so elegant. She kills it. Impeccable outerwear, tailored trousers, bow-front silk blouses, capes, and even elbow-length leather gloves steal the show every episode. I'm actually jealous that I don't wear business clothes to work now. The Limited teamed up with Kerry Washington and Scandal's costume designer to make a line of accessible, feminine, tailored clothing inspired by the show. It hits racks online and in stores Sept 23. Here are some of my favorite looks from the show along with the full look book of THE NEW COLLECTION!





The Full Limited Scandal Look Book







1 comment:

  1. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - SPORTS BETTING ROBOT

    ReplyDelete